Dual Mode 4-Way Amplifier, Line Powered, With Return PathFeatures:
This versatile 4-way UHF amplifier can provide high-quality digital signals around the home and is particularly suitable for the multi-digital box household, whether using Freeview&trade,Sky&trade or both.
This is a relatively low gain (4Db) amplifier designed to over come losses on cable only.
- Also available complete with power supply PROPSU11F (PROAMP104X-PS).
- Has an equipotential bonding point.
Dual mode operation:
- Mode 1: AERIAL AMPLIFIER MODE (GREEN LED) In this mode the device acts as a normal 4 way UHF amplifier.
Apply power to the local power port, or power remotely via any output, and the unit behaves as a simple 4-way UHF amplifier. All return-path features are disabled in this mode.
- Mode 2: RETURN PATH SKY MODE (ORANGE LED) In this mode return path is automatically enabled when the amplifier is powered via the input (EG from RF2). Feeding the input from the RF OUT-2 output of a Sky&trade receiver activates the return-path features allowing remote control of the satellite box using PROSAT1EYE infrared eyes.
- Power locally for Mode 1 using a PROPSA125 (where mains available). Alternatively power remotely via any output using a PROPSU11F, PROPSU12F, suitable Freeview&trade box or IDTV.
- In Mode 2 the complete 4-way system can be powered entirely from either an old style Sky&trade box or a PROPSU11F via aPROLINK22 (Flexible RF Output Modulator - restores Sky&trade distribution) for one of new design Sky&trade Boxes that have that they have no RF2 connection. See link below for more details.
The maximum output level per multiplex is per the table in dBV when there are eight equal level multiplexes. If the number of multiplexes to be carried is not eight please refer to our Mux guide.
Find out more about using this product with the New Sky&trade boxes.
Introducing the PROception PROLINK22 RF replicator:
New Sky&trade set-top boxes such as the DRX595 and DRX890W do not have the familiar aerial input, RF-1 and RF-2 connectors. These RF-loop through facilities have been replaced with the new I/O PORT a small round connector (10- pin mini-DIN) which allows an external RF replicator (modulator) unit to provide similar distribution functions.